PROOF is People Reaching Others Out of Faith
We are a non profit 501(c)(3) organization serving youth in grades 5-8 in one-on-one mentoring relationships. Contact us today to see how we can help your school district get involved in bringing PROOF to your students!
(Check out the “PROOF Videos” box to the right of the page to watch the newest PROOF sharing videos)
The mission of PROOF is to build mentoring relationships which develop character through planning, purpose, and perspective. Relationships are formed between caring community volunteers (referred to as “P3 Friends”) and local school children.
A P3 Friend is a reflection of God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Christ is alive in each of the mentoring relationships and is role modeled through the love, care, encouragement, and support each volunteer openly gives their student. In essence, students are spending time with Jesus and lives are being transformed!
Our purpose is empowering youth to apply unwavering determination in always giving their best. Helping students recognize that when they put in the effort, they can be successful! Measurable character-building tools are applied with the guidance and encouragement of a P3 Friend. This process helps the student formulate a goal, identify resources or obstacles, and utilize a support network in order to create a stronger sense of self. Mentors show up at the school each week for one hour for the school year. They are committed, they encourage and support, and lives are being changed.
- Vision is to grow and evolve the program so that any student identified by school personnel is guided, through direction and prayer, to set obtainable goals in life and school.
- Establish high quality relationships that produce positive impacts on youth outcomes.
- Empower youth to build a strong support network within the school thereby building collaborative relationships in a controlled environment.
- Collect and analyze data for continued success, identify triggers that arise, and communicate information to school administration to help assure a positive learning environment.
- Gather and share measurable data with all entities involved within the growing establishment of the program.
- Identfy students, upon entering high school, to serve as volunteers/leaders of the program as positive role models to younger youth.
- Encourage students to get involved and serve in their schools and community.
A goal without a plan is just a wish…
As a community we set a goal to bring PROOF to students in grades 5 through 8. Students are encouraged to set goals and strengthen their abilities in the areas of:
- Educational growth
- Self confidence
- Community outreach
- Strong moral character including respect, responsibility, determination, and concern for others
- Physical well-being
- Healthy life choices
Students will learn that these goals can be accomplished through building a support network of three people. This process helps them to see that they are not alone and they do matter.